Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blogging the "in game"

As a private person, Blogs to me have created a sense of angst if not a sense of being too open to the public. I prefer a closed community where I can openly share to a selected public rather than the whole cyberspace. However, I must admit that this is a useful tool to keep in touch with teachers and other professionals to exchange ideas coming from diverse perspectives. I truly believe that blogs break down barriers of race, culture and language because it offers a site where one can express oneself, be respected and appreciated.
Here are some interesting ones I found.

1. Instructional Design for Media Education http://id.ome.ksu.edu/
I had been browsing this website for blogs before and found the layout simple with information accessible. I find it neat and topics are easy to find. It gives ideas and information on different learning environments such as e-learning, pod casts or even round table discussions. Within the categories which run from assessment to virtual skills, its audience has a variety of information that leads to vast possibilities of subtopics. Bloggers are teachers, instructional designers, professors or simple thoughtful writes who want to contribute their ideas. Additional information is extended to the reader through a URL link. In this link, it offers video, presentation or handouts. The round table discussions are very interesting and most of their materials can utilised for personal use in training or workshops. I would have preferred a chance to have a chat.
As mentioned before, I will continue to use this blog site to exchange ideas and get more information as well as ideas not only in instructional design but other topics like technology or even assessment. There are valid resources offered in the site which I have used in my workshops. I also believe that because it is easy to navigate through the site, I can easily share this to the teachers I provide training for whose first language is not English.

2. Trainers are Learners too http://en.wordpress.com/tag/matt-murray/
I found this website interesting even if it did not pertain to my field – education. The topics discussed on the blogs were just day to day issues any ID tackles in his job. The layout of the page is easy to navigate and the topics are clearly stated on the title. I can get lots of ideas from his blogs as they are clearly defined and thoroughly outlined. I might not be working in the automotive field but some things are the same elsewhere.

3. The Usable learning Blog http://usablelearning.wordpress.com/
This blog has an interesting discussion on how we learn and the rational behind it. I found the links truly complimentary and extensive especially if you needed more information on what you have just read. As an ID, I think that this website can be an excellent venue for me to have more discussions on how learning happens and use this wealth to enhance the training programmes I create for the teachers. Working with teachers can be tricky and explaining to them the rational behind an activity can be a successful route to getting participate and make the best out of it.

Malu

1 comment:

  1. Hi Malu,
    Good choices...
    Looking forward to working through these exciting new adventures... :-)

    ReplyDelete